23.498 young Danes out of 94.744 may now settle for unskilled jobs or a life on welfare. They failed to enter the education system after they graduated their high school just a few months back.
At one place – Copenhagen Business School – you have to achieve a grade of 12.2 which equals A++ to enter.
That is the sad result of the massive cuts our government introduced half a year ago. They asked all the schools to cut 2 percent of their entire budget forcing many schools and universities to close down some classes.
While a life doing unskilled labor or even considered to be take an education as nursing assistant in retirement homes instead might not be a bad choice, the question arise:
Danish taxpayers pay more than any taxpayer in the world and still the society can create enough places so that the young Danes can get the education they want. Why is it so?
Of course the immigration crisis can be blamed but that cannot be the entire reason for having this cribled eduction system.
What appears seem to be politicians totally out of touch with reality and a population starting to look around for an alternative to our so-called democratic system runned by a few elite families.
Danes can no longer trust the system.
- A system where social workers look for possible foreign heritage when they decide if parents have to pay for treatment of mental illnesses of their children, while physical illnesses still are treated for free in hospitals.
- A system where children of rich parents have a shot at higher education while children of poor parents suffer due to cuts in student grants. Taking a student loan might prove to a be a gamble because if there is no job right after graduation, the interest will result in bankruptcy and then all the efforts have been for nothing. For many it seems better not to take an education at all. For a number of years almost 20 percent of young Danes receive no more than 9 years of schooling.
- A system where adult Danes younger than 55 belongs to the cheated generation. The generation who started working believing that they should retire age 60 but now have to work until they are 67 years of age. In a country where people in the low-income areas like Sydhavn in Copenhagen have an average lifespan of about 60 years, it is a clear message: Please kill yourself so you dont become a burden to society.
- A system which keeps Danes from looking at opportunities outside Denmark. If you work for a full year abroad your citizens rights are revoked and you have to work 8 years in Denmark before you are entitled to normal benefits if you are so unlucky to become unemployed.
- A system where immigrants take jobs from Danes because the employers get grants to hire them instead of Danes.
- A system where jobs vanish to the eastern part of Europe or even outside Europe where environment concerns are not important and none cares if safety equipment are missing resulting in injury or death. Just 30 years ago almost all clothes in Denmark were manifactored in Herning in Jutland. Now it is manifactored in Asia where buildings crash down over the workers often killing them in larger numbers. The European Union should introduce custom walls where shipments should become 400 percent more expensive when they enter the European Union protecting Danish jobs.
- A system where the politicians work against our trade unions forcing them to compete with each other so salaries are dumped. At CSC one trade union offered an agreement so workers earn so little that they are now unable to feed their families compared to their old salary which were part of an agreement with another trade union.
As the conditions are in Denmark now it is hard to find a single country in the world where people suffer more. I urge firms to stop investing in Denmark. I urge the Danish people to vote in a way so our parliament cannot work anymore because if they do not do anything they do not do anything wrong. Every decision they have made during the recent years have inflicted damage on our population.
In Denmark your dreams are crushed. I understand why many immigrants redraw their applications and move on. For native this option does not exist.