When I saw the first state in the United States Iowa vote this night, I admired the people who took the time to leave their home and spend 3-4 hours of their lives to go to a place where they can vote.
3-4 hours don’t sound of much but think of it:
- 3-4 hours of your life to secure that your job remain yours instead of going to an illegal immigrant aided over the border by someone hired by your employer, so he can cut costs
- 3-4 hours of your life to vote for a president who would let you keep your guns so you can own something of value unlike us Danes who have to duck our heads due to the open borders to the eastern part of Europe increasing the risk of house invasions.
- 3-4 hours of your life so you can keep Obama-care or lose it if you are loaded or have very good health
- 3-4 hours of your life so your home state will only receive immigrants screened by homeland security
- 3-4 hours of your life so a person will come into office who understands ordinary people and will make decisions be taken near you instead of a far away capital. We people in Jutland have nothing in common with the politicians in Copenhagen. I guess as an ordinary person in Oregon you have nothing in common with the people from the system governing in Washington DC
I am not an U.S. Citizen, so why I am following this election? Because our economy in Denmark still to some extend depend on the US economy. Europe has not been able to deal with the crisis properly due to France interfering in the international economy by orchestrating the arrest of the former boss of International Monetary Fund because he was a potential rival to the present president of France. The interest on the loan we have to take to buy our houses very much depend on what is going on in the United States.
What I do know is that I have participated in every single election possible since became an adult. Sometimes I went there to enter a black vote because there were no person among the politicians who deserved my vote. Sometime I made a protest vote allowing a person none could work together with become elected. As an ordinary Dane and a Danish system I prefer people doing nothing in the political system because then they don’t make mistakes.
I know that ordinary citizens in the United States must be worried also. Can you expell the illegal immigrants and then how will you be able to buy groceries farmed by illegal immigrants or pizzas made by illegal immigrants. Will employed citizens be able to take over these jobs without a pizza ending up setting you back 200 dollars?
It is not a question whether Hillary Clinton will be re-elected as president or Bernie Sanders will take the chair. It is not a question whether people prefer a tired man made by the system or Donald Trump putting the United States back to the days of Non-interventionism because his person would offend the European politicians who believe that they matter more for their country and the world than they do.
It is a question for each citizen who has not been victim of a parking ticket resulting in a felony conviction after giving the parking attendant the rightfully spanking and loss of the right to give their vote attending the elections.
So I hope that everyone who is busy telling people that they would vote that they do take the 3-4 hours to do it.